A few of the questions that Social Analytics can help answer:
- What are your customers saying about you on social media?
- Are the sentiments mostly positive or negative?
- What are the positive and negative things your customers are saying about you and your competitors on social media?
- Who are the influencers on social media for your target market?
- Which social media platforms should you focus your resources on to reach your target market?
- What trends can you identify to better meet your customers’ needs?
What are people saying, and where are they saying it?
Social media feedback can be great for identifying perceived strengths and weaknesses through the eyes of your customers. But for small-to-medium size businesses, monitoring up to a dozen social media sites on a regular basis and getting a complete picture of the customer experience can consume a lot of resources that would be better spent on managing the day-to-day operations of your business.
There are some great tools out there to collect social media data and perform detailed sentiment analysis on all the open-text feedback customers have shared about your business online. But they come with fees that simply don’t make sense for a single business.