Constituents are customers
Wouldn’t it be great if the public sector tried just as hard to please their “customers” as the private sector does?
Imagine if government agencies providing services to the public hired frontline employees who derive satisfaction from serving others.
Imagine if the DMV designed its processes and employee training programs with the goal of maximizing efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Imagine if your city councilmember surveyed constituents each year asking them for feedback, and made improvements and pursued policies based on the responses.
Blink Research envisions a world where the public sector emphasizes customer satisfaction as part of their mission, and designs processes, hiring practices and employee incentives accordingly.
Things we can do for the Public & Government Sectors
- Develop a set of customer service and employee performance criteria for frontline employees who interact with the public.
- Set up programs to make constituents feel their voices are being heard.
- Mystery shop the customer experience with government agencies and offices that interact with the public, and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Survey frontline government employees to identify issues that may be preventing them from delivering excellent service to constituents.
- Identify star performers so they can be acknowledged and rewarded.
- Improve constituents’ impressions of government services and employees.